The Collectors Mark ("The Collectors Mark”), "We", “Us” or “Our”) understands the importance of protecting your personal information. Personal information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual such as, name, address, email address and phone numbers.
A copy of the Australian Privacy Principals may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au.
Collection, Use & Disclosure of Personal Information
- We collect personal information from You to enable You to use and enjoy all aspects of the services offered by The Collectors Mark ('the Services'). Accordingly, if You do not provide all of the personal information required by The Collectors Mark, this may affect Your ability to benefit from the Services.
- We will not use personal information for any reasons other than the purpose for which it was collected, namely the provision of the Services.
- Personal information is only collected if it is necessary to Our operations, and is collected by lawful means.
- Personal information which We may collect includes but is not limited to Your name, address, contact details, date of birth, gender, occupation, business or company details, credit card details or other payment details. We may also collect additional personal information if necessary for the provision of the Services.
- In the course of providing the Services, We may disclose Your personal information to third parties. Your personal information may be disclosed in a number of circumstances including the following:
- where required by law; and
- to third parties in which You consent to the disclosure.
- Your personal contact details may also be used by The Collectors Mark to provide any notices to You, which may include but is not limited to marketing campaigns via email and post.
Protection of Personal Information
- We will take all reasonable steps to protect Your personal information from misuse and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We train our employees about the importance of confidentiality and maintaining the privacy and security of your information. Access to your personal information is restricted to employees who need it to provide benefits or services to You.
Access to Your Personal Information
- We take reasonable steps to ensure that the information We hold about You is accurate, complete and relevant when We use it or disclose it. If You believe that the information We hold about You is inaccurate, incomplete or irrelevant, You have a right to access Your information and request its correction.
- However, in certain circumstances We may be required by law to refuse to allow You access to information, which The Collectors Mark will comply with.
- In some circumstances We may be provided with information from third parties. In such a case we will take reasonable steps to ensure that You are made aware of the information provided to us by a third party in relation to You.
Unsolicited Personal Information
- We take all reasonable steps to ensure that all unsolicited personal information is destroyed immediately, and that You are notified.
Removal of Personal Information
- When your personal information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, We will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify you Personal Information. However, most of the personal information is or will be stored in client files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 3 years.